How To Get A Twilio Sms Body Text In Node.js
I'm working on a side-project of mine which integrates with Twilio. It's a Node.js app running on the Hapi.js framework. I have the app set up with Twilio so that when I text my Tw
Solution 1:
With Hapi, if you want to read all the request body into memory before running your handler you need to set the payload config:
server.route({
config: {
payload: {
output: 'data'
}
},
method: 'POST',
path: '/textMessage',
handler: function(request, reply) {
console.log('Body was', request.payload.toString());
reply('...');
}
});
From the Hapi API docs:
'data' - the incoming payload is read fully into memory. If parse is true, the payload is parsed (JSON, form-decoded, multipart) based on the 'Content-Type' header. If parse is false, the raw Buffer is returned. This is the default value except when a proxy handler is used.
More options here: http://hapijs.com/api#route-options
Solution 2:
After trying different methods to retrieve the request payload from Twilio, I found that the Twilio request body can be accessed via request.url.query, and therefore, the Body of the text, can be retrieved via request.url.query.Body. Thanks for the help @MattHarrison!
Post a Comment for "How To Get A Twilio Sms Body Text In Node.js"